Love, Summit County
Save Natural Gas & Keep Your Bills Low
With more people visiting and moving to our community, we are experiencing an increased demand for natural gas that may surpass the current system capabilities. To potentially avoid future natural gas infrastructure construction projects and help keep bills low, join us in saving natural gas at home. Here are some actions you can take right away.
Sign Up for a Home Energy Assessment
High Country Conservation Center’s Energy Smart Colorado program makes it easy for you to understand how your home uses energy. With free coaching and cash incentives for efficiency upgrades, we help keep your home comfortable and running efficiently.
After you sign up for an energy assessment, our local team of energy experts will contact you directly to schedule your home visit. Once your assessment is complete, you will receive an extensive report with detailed recommendations for home energy upgrades. Our team will help you decide on top priorities for energy savings and the projects that best fit your budget.
Homeowners who complete home energy efficiency projects through the Energy Smart program save an average of $470 each year on their energy bills.
Participate in Xcel Energy’s Energy Savings Programs
Xcel Energy offers rebates and services to help you start saving today.
- Water Heater Rebate: Replace your water heater with an efficient model to earn a rebate and reduce energy costs for the appliance that consumes half of your home’s energy.
- Heating Furnace Rebate: Earn a rebate and save in the long run with a high-efficiency natural gas furnace.
- Smart Thermostats Rebates: Earn a rebate for installing a smart thermostat and start managing your home’s comfort based on your schedule, habits, and lifestyle.
- More! Find more savings opportunities at https://co.my.xcelenergy.com/s/residential/home-rebates
Make Easy Changes in Your Home
- Set your thermostat to 68° during the day and 65° at night
- Decrease the temperature on your water heater to 120°
- Keep your blinds open during sunning hours to leverage the heating power of the sun.
- Find more tips for reducing energy use and saving money at xcelenergy.com/energy-saving-tips.
HC3 and Xcel Energy are pleased to work together to achieve our community goals.