Why It's Important
With more people visiting and moving to our community, we are experiencing an increased demand for natural gas that may surpass the current system capabilities. Join us in saving energy at your home to potentially avoid future natural gas infrastructure projects and help keep your bills low.
High Country Conservation Center’s Energy Smart Colorado program makes it easy for you to understand how your home uses energy. When you sign up for an energy assessment, our local team of energy experts will contact you to schedule and conduct your home visit. You will receive an extensive report with recommendations for energy upgrades that will keep your home comfortable and running efficiently. We will help you decide on top priorities for energy savings and the projects that best fit your budget. And we have rebates to help you pay for upgrades.
Homeowners who complete home energy efficiency projects save an average of over $400 each year on their energy bills.
Xcel Energy Rebate Programs
In addition to HC3’s rebates, Xcel Energy offers rebates and services to help you start saving today.
Home Effficiency Rebate
Seal leaks and add insulation to keep warm air inside.
Water Heater Rebate
Replace your water heater with an efficient model.
High Efficiency Boiler Rebate
Earn a rebate and save in the long run with a high-efficiency natural gas boiler.
Smart Thermostats Rebate
Install a smart thermostat and start managing your home’s comfort.
Make Easy Changes in Your Home
- Set your thermostat to no more than 68° during the day and 65° at night
- Decrease the temperature on your water heater to 120°
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine in the afternoons or evenings to avoid local peak energy use time between 6-9 a.m.
- Keep your blinds open during sunning hours to leverage the heating power
- Find more tips at xcelenergy.com/energy-saving-tips