Save Natural Gas & Keep Your Bills Low
With more people visiting and moving to our community, we are experiencing an increased demand for natural gas that may surpass the current system capabilities. Join us in saving energy at your home to potentially avoid future natural gas infrastructure projects and help keep your bills low.
Sign Up for a Home Energy Assessment
High Country Conservation Center’s Energy Smart Colorado program makes it easy for you to understand how your home uses energy. When you sign up for an energy assessment, our local team of energy experts will contact you to schedule and conduct your home visit. You will receive an extensive report with detailed recommendations for energy upgrades that will keep your home comfortable and running efficiently. We will help you decide on top priorities for energy savings and the projects that best fit your budget.
Homeowners who complete home energy efficiency projects through the Energy Smart program save an average of $470 each year on their energy bills.
Xcel Energy Energy Rebate Programs
Xcel Energy offers rebates and services to help you start saving today. Double rebate information for Summit County.
- Water Heater Rebate: Replace your water heater with an efficient model that consumes half of your home’s energy.
- Heating Furnace Rebate: Earn a rebate and save in the long run with a high-efficiency natural gas furnace.
- Smart Thermostats Rebates: Install a smart thermostat and start managing your home’s comfort.
- More! Find more savings opportunities at https://co.my.xcelenergy.com/s/residential/home-rebates
Make Easy Changes in Your Home
- Set your thermostat to no more than 68° during the day and 65° at night
- Decrease the temperature on your water heater to 120°
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine in the afternoons or evenings to avoid local peak energy use time between 6-9 a.m.
- Keep your blinds open during sunning hours to leverage the heating power of the sun
- Find more tips for reducing energy use and saving money at xcelenergy.com/energy-saving-tips.
HC3 and Xcel Energy are pleased to work together to achieve our community goals.