What is Solarize Summit?
Designed to make going solar simple and more affordable, Solarize Summit offers local residents and businesses a limited-time discount on solar panel installation.
Watch this year’s informational webinar. Make 2022 the year you solarize.
How it works
- Sign up for a free, no-obligation site visit from Active Energies Solar.
- Receive a customized proposal. Decide if solar is right for you.
- Sign a contract with the installer by May 31, 2022.
- Install your solar system.
- Get a $1,500 rebate from your local government.*
- Get your Solarize rebate from Active Energies when the program ends.
- Celebrate clean, renewable energy!
* Local rebates are available to residents of Breckenridge, Frisco, and unincorporated Summit County on a first-come, first-served basis.
In 2020, systems ranged in cost from $9,000 – $50,000 (before rebates and tax credit). Generally speaking, the smaller and more efficient your home, the smaller the system you’ll need. Here’s sample pricing for an average sized house with an average sized system:
Home size: 2,066 square feet
System size: 6.82 kW (22 panels)
Electricity offset: 110%
Total cost: $23,461
Federal tax credit: $6,100
Local government rebate: $1,500
Solarize rebate: $300*
Cost after rebates + tax credit: $15,561
Estimated annual electricity bill savings: $1,200
Payback period: 13 years
The annual utility bill savings assumes that electricity costs won’t increase over time, but that’s unlikely. As the cost of electricity increases, your payback period will decrease.
- Federal Tax Credits – The federal solar tax credit allows you to deduct 26 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes.
- Increase the value of your home without increasing property tax – Thanks to the state’s sales tax exemption Colorado homeowners who install solar energy don’t have to pay a dime in property taxes on the thousands of dollars solar adds to the value of your home.
- Helps support local climate and renewable energy goals – Breckenridge, Frisco, and Summit County Government all have 100% renewable energy goals, and people who Solarize help our community achieve these goals.
Many Solarize Summit participants choose to finance their systems with no money out of pocket. Typically, the monthly on-bill credit you receive from Xcel Energy will offset the recurring financing costs.
"Our electric bill is $0 every month."
"Our vision is to have the whole neighborhood go solar."
Your neighbors are going solar