Solarize Summit is closed 2023
The 2023 program has sold out. Join the waitlist for 2024.
Breckenridge and Summit County have a sold out of rebates for residents for 2023. Have no fear, sign up for the 2024 program launch. The Solarize Summit 2024 waitlist is here and you can be the first to get updates on the 2024 program launch. Get up to $1,200 back through our Energy Smart Colorado program. Energy Smart rebates are available year-round on a first-come, first-served basis.
Limited amount of $1,500 rebates are still available for Frisco residents. Please email Narelle at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a free solar site assessment.
What is Solarize Summit?
Designed to make going solar simple and more affordable, Solarize Summit offers local residents and businesses a limited-time discount on solar panel installation.
Want to work with your preferred installer? Get up to $1,200 back through our Energy Smart Colorado program. Energy Smart rebates are available year-round on a first-come, first-served basis.
How it works
- Sign up for the 2024 Solarize Summit waitlist.
- Sign up for a free, no-obligation site visit once Solarize Summit 2024 launches.
- Receive a customized proposal. Decide if solar is right for you.
- Sign a contract with the installer by the program end date.
- Install your solar system.
- Get up to $1,650 in rebate money from your local government.*
- Get your $300 Solarize Summit rebate from the installer.
- Celebrate clean, renewable energy!
* Local rebates are available to residents of Breckenridge, Frisco, and unincorporated Summit County on a first-come, first-served basis. In 2023, Breckenridge and Summit County Government rebates are $1,650. Town of Frisco rebates are $1,500.
In 2020, systems ranged in cost from $9,000 – $50,000 (before rebates and tax credit). Generally speaking, the smaller and more efficient your home, the smaller the system you’ll need. Here’s sample pricing for an average sized house with an average sized system:
Home size: 2,066 square feet
System size: 6.82 kW (22 panels)
Electricity offset: 110%
Total cost: $23,461
Federal tax credit: $6,100
Local government rebate: $1,500
Solarize rebate: $300*
Cost after rebates + tax credit: $15,561
Estimated annual electricity bill savings: $1,200
Payback period: 13 years
The annual utility bill savings assumes that electricity costs won’t increase over time, but that’s unlikely. As the cost of electricity increases, your payback period will decrease.
- Federal Tax Credits – The federal solar tax credit allows you to deduct 30 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes.
- Increase the value of your home without increasing property tax – Thanks to the state’s sales tax exemption Colorado homeowners who install solar energy don’t have to pay a dime in property taxes on the thousands of dollars solar adds to the value of your home.
- Helps support local climate and renewable energy goals – Breckenridge, Frisco, and Summit County Government all have 100% renewable energy goals, and people who Solarize help our community achieve these goals.
Many Solarize Summit participants choose to finance their systems with no money out of pocket. Typically, the monthly on-bill credit you receive from Xcel Energy will offset the recurring financing costs.
"Our electric bill is $0 every month."
"Our vision is to have the whole neighborhood go solar."
Your neighbors are going solar