Let’s Solarize Summit!
Are you considering going solar? Now is the time.
Solar Made Simple
Between June – August 2019, the Summit Climate Action Collaborative is offering residents and businesses who sign up to install solar panels the ability to leverage bulk-purchasing power to take advantage of exclusive Solarize discounts. The more people that sign up before August 31, the more everyone saves!
How does Solarize Summit work?
- Sign up for a free, no-obligation Remote Site Assessment
- Move forward with a free, no-obligation installer site visit.
- Receive a customized proposal. Decide if solar is right for you.
- Sign a contract with the installer.
- Install your solar system.
- Tell your neighbors – Solarize is a community program. The more people that sign up = the more you save!
- Celebrate clean, renewable energy!
Xcel Energy customers must enroll in one of Xcel Energy’s solar programs. Through these programs, you have the option of getting paid for the excess electricity you generate. Active Energies Solar, the installer for Solarize Summit, will help you enroll.
Active Energies Solar is the selected installer for Solarize Summit. Through this program they are offering money back (up to $500) to all program participants according to how much solar is installed across the county.
0-50 kW systems installed = $200
50-100 kW systems installed = $300
100-150 kW systems installed = $400
150 kW+ systems installed = $500
GOAL reached! Everyone who signs a contract for solar will receive $500.
PLUS, local governments are offering their own Solarize rebates:
Frisco: $1,500 for the first 25 participants
Dillon: $400 to the first 3 participants
NOTE: Rebates for homes/businesses in Breckenridge and unincorporated Summit County are no longer available.
To qualify for the local government rebates, you must complete a home energy assessment if you haven’t already had one. Assessments are available through HC3’s Energy Smart Colorado program and usually cost $100, but Active Energies Solar is pitching in $100 to make the assessment free to most Solarize participants!
- Completing a home energy assessment is easy and won’t delay your Solarize process. You will receive valuable information for making energy efficiency improvements to your home in the future, and you’ll also qualify for even more rebates!
- When you complete a home energy assessment, you will pay $350 upfront and receive up to $200 back from Xcel Energy and $150 from HC3/AES. For most homes, that will buy your cost down to $0. Homes over 2500 square feet are assessed an additional fee, but that cost will be covered by the Solarize program rebate you receive at the end of the program.
Summit County Businesses – Go Solar!
These discounts, rebates, and tax credit apply as well when you install solar on your commercial building. In addition it qualifies your business for an accelerated depreciation schedule. Solar just makes $ense!
Additional saving and benefits
- Federal Tax Credits – The federal solar tax credit, also known as the investment tax credit (ITC), allows you to deduct 30 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes. The ITC applies to both residential and commercial systems, and there is no cap on its value. After 2019, the tax credits for solar begin to decline. Unless Congress intervenes, the tax credit will begin declining in 2020 and is set to expire in 2022.
Learn more with this great explanation from Energy Sage.
- FREE Energy Audits – Active Energies Solar will contribute $100 towards an energy audit to everyone who signs a solar contract – if the house is 2500 square feet or less, that makes the audit free.
- Increase the value of your home without increasing property tax – Solar adds thousands of dollars in value to your home. Thanks to the state’s sales tax exemption Colorado homeowners who install solar energy don’t have to pay a dime in property taxes on the added home value.
- Helps support local climate and renewable energy goals – Breckenridge, Frisco, and Summit County Government all have 100% renewable energy goals, and people who Solarize help our community achieve these goals.
Sign up for no-obligation consultation
Find out if solar is right for you! Sign up for a no-obligation introductory phone call and remote site assessment.
*Registration for Solarize Summit does not bind you to installing solar on your home or business. It is just the first step to learning if solar is right for you!
Colorado Energy Office’s RENU loan program offers fixed, low-interest rates, 3 – 15 year terms, and no money down required. Learn more here.
Your local bank might also offer loans for solar systems financing.
Want to learn more?
HC3 and its Climate Action Collaborative partners are planning a series of events during summer 2019 to educate the community about Solarize Summit.
Check out an event near you.