Thank you for your interest in Solarize Summit!
The 2020 Solarize Summit Request for Proposals was released on February 14, 2020. Installers will find answers to questions posted here by 5 PM on February 21, 2020. Proposals are due by 5 PM February 28, 2020.
The 2020 program will run April 1 – June 30. Detailed program information will be published by the end of March.
The Solarize Summit program has ended for this year.
Look for program offering in 2020.
Solar Made Simple
Between June – August 2019, HC3 and Summit Climate Action Collaborative offered local residents and businesses the ability to leverage solar power installation through an exclusive bulk-purchasing program. And our community embraced this opportunity to go solar.
Active Energies Solar was selected as the installer for Solarize Summit. Through this program they offered money back (up to $500) to all program participants according to how much solar is installed across the county. And Summit County residents exceeded the installer’s goal with over 525kW of solar power set to install for 2019 compared to only 134kW in 2018.
GOAL reached! Everyone who signed solar contracts received $500.
PLUS, the local governments of Breckenridge, Frisco, and Summit County offered their own $1,500 rebates to residents who signed solar contracts.
Additional saving and benefits to going solar
- Federal Tax Credits – The federal solar tax credit allows you to deduct 30 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes. After 2019, the tax credits for solar begin to decline. Unless Congress intervenes, the tax credit will begin declining in 2020 and is set to expire in 2022. Learn more with this great explanation from Energy Sage.
- Increase the value of your home without increasing property tax – Thanks to the state’s sales tax exemption Colorado homeowners who install solar energy don’t have to pay a dime in property taxes on the thousands of dollars solar adds to the value of your home.
- Helps support local climate and renewable energy goals – Breckenridge, Frisco, and Summit County Government all have 100% renewable energy goals, and people who Solarize help our community achieve these goals.
How did Solarize Summit work?
- Sign up for a free, no-obligation Remote Site Assessment
- Move forward with a free, no-obligation installer site visit.
- Receive a customized proposal. Decide if solar is right for you.
- Sign a contract with the installer.
- Install your solar system.
- Tell your neighbors – Solarize is a community program. The more people that sign up = the more you save!
- Celebrate clean, renewable energy!